There are a lot of people all over the globe that are afraid of regret. When you hear all those things that old people and dying people regret the most, it can really drive you not to put yourself in the same situation. Don't live a life of ‘what if’ or ‘could be.’ You should much rather die to fail but trying than never failing but never even trying.
Look at this list and think carefully. It will be useful for you for sure.
1. Not traveling when you had the chance to do so.
The older you get, traveling becomes infinitely harder, particularly if you have a family and you have to pay the way for three-plus people instead of yourself only.
2. Not quitting an awful job.
For sure, you have to pay the bills. But, if you do not make a plan in order to improve the situation you are in, you might wake up one day having spent 40 years in hell.
3. Not realizing how beautiful you actually are.
A lot of people spend their youth unhappy with the way they look, but the truth is, that is when we are our most beautiful.
4. Staying in a relationship which was not worth having.
No one that ever gets out of an unworthy relationship takes a look back without wishing they made a move sooner.
5. Not taking enough care of your teeth.
If you don’t take the proper care needed for your teeth, they will go fast. It is easy to brush and yes, even floss.
6. Not getting over things quickly.
Older people look back at the long periods which they spend picking themselves off the ground as nothing but wasted time.
7. Working more than it’s needed.
Not a person looks back from their deathbed and desires which they spent more time at the office, but they do wish they have spent some more time with the members of their family, as well as friends and hobbies.
8. Not paying enough attention when learning new things.
Learning is an excellent thing, and knowledge is power.
9. To have the ability to make food and not learning how to cook at least one awesome meal.
Knowing one drool-worthy meal is going to make all those dinner parties, as well as celebrations more than special.
10. Not taking risks, especially in the field of love.
Knowing that you leaped faith at least once in your life, even if you feel flat on your face, is going to be a great comfort when you are older. Remember that it is better to try and fail than never try at all. You should not even like the word ‘fail.’
11. Not stopping enough to appreciate the moment you experienced.
Stop, breathe, take it all in, even when it is for a second only.