Imagination, which is sometimes also called inner vision, is a gift which has a lot of positive applications, but more than usual, it is not well—developed or used in the correct way.
There are a few people that possess the ability to control what enters in their minds. They let their minds and their imagination to do as they please, permitting certain thought or mental image appear on the screen of your imagination. This lack of control actually leads to lack of control over their lives.
If you let your imagination run riot, your life will be a mess. If you control it and visualize only what you intentionally decide to visualize, you will change your life by your will.
What in fact is imagination or the inner vision?
Imagination is our ability to see in one’s mind mental images of something which exists, and also the capacity to imagine objects, situations, as well as circumstances which do not exist at the moment. The inner vision is not only visualizing mental images, but it is possible to visualize using all the five senses. You can visualize a sound, taste, smell, as well as sensation.
If you watch your mind, you are going to find out that you are using your imagination all the time in different ways. You use it while you think of the past or future, planning, painting, writing, or even describing something. You also use your imagination when you explain how to get a certain street, as well as when you read and daydream.
Do you write, paint, or engage yourself in any creative activity? Do you cook, decorate, or you love to do some new things? If you do, then you are using your imagination for sure.
When you are worried or when you feel fear, you are using it too. During such times, you instantly visualize unhappy or unfortunate situations. If you continue visualizing these negative mental images, you may eventually attract them into your life.
If you see in your imagination how you want your life to be, and you keep on watching this mental scene on a daily basis with faith, concentration, as well as love above all, one day your life will look just as you imagined it to be.
There are people who say that they have no imagination, but there is no such thing. It may be weak, but they have the imagination for sure. It might also occur that their visual imagination is not strong, but they can visualize with the use of their other five senses, as we already mentioned.
The capacity to visualize clearly can be developed, and besides being useful. This can also be fun. Some exercises for developing this ability are going to improve your ability to concentrate at the same time, and as a bonus, you might also find that you gain a power that you can use in order to shape and improve your life.
How to develop your imagination, the power of your inner vision?
Every day, you should find some fifteen minutes for this exercise:
- Visualize something simple which you can believe you can get, like going to a movie with your girlfriend or boyfriend or with your husband or wife, eating at some restaurant or doing something else you would like to do.
- You should visualize your desire clearly, and include all the five senses in the visualization. If you are watching a movie together with another person, you should imagine the two of you entering the cinema and sitting down. Listen to other people that surround you, use your sense of smell and feel the coldness or warmth in the cinema gall. Visualize eating popcorn or drinking a soft drink, as well as enjoy the taste and smell.
- You may discover that it is easier to imagine some of the senses, and a bit difficult to imagine with the others. Continue with the exercise, and you are going to strengthen your ability to imagine with all the sense.
- Repeat this exercise on a daily basis, and you are going to find that it gradually becomes much easier.
- Sometimes, you may also find that your mind starts verbalizing about what you are visualizing. Be careful not to replace the imagination with words, because the purpose is to use the imagination, and not words.
If you follow our suggestions, you are going to develop your imagination, as well as the power of your inner vision, which is going to be useful for you in different situations. Also, you can be surprised to discover that what you see in your mind, in your inner vision, comes to be true in real life.