This Ayurvedic remedy is an amazing sleep aid Poppy seeds are extremely rich in minerals and oils and are known to restore the body.
Ayurveda regards them as a tonifier, since poppy seeds contain moisturizing oils, adding them into your diet will nourish and tone your skin. According to Chinese Medicine, their deep blue color indicates that they strengthen the kidneys, which is fundamental for building vibrancy and vitality.
Also as an effective remedy for insomnia, it will relax your central nervous system, putting your body in "rest and digest" mode, so your body can use its energy to rebuild strength and resilience.
Poppy Seed Sleep Aid Recipe
- 1 teaspoon white poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut powder (fresh-grated if possible)
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- Small amount of organic ghee
- In a small bowl mix the poppy seeds with the coconut powder, adding small amounts of water as you mix until it forms a thick paste, and set aside.
- Melt the ghee in a frying pan until it turns clear.
- Add turmeric and cumin and mix well. Remove immediately; simmer without heat until the color and aroma of the spices change slightly.
- Add to the poppy seed mixture, mix well and let stand five minutes. Add a little salt to taste.
- Eat one hour before bed for best results.