“Balance is not something you find. It’s something you create.” - Jana Kingsford
Life is a constant balancing act. There are always going to be challenges in life that have the potential to throw you off balance. It is possible to achieve and maintain a balanced life you just have to make the active decision to do so.
It is important to evaluate all the contributing elements to your life so you can achieve balance. The internal elements such as your mental and physical well being and the external elements such as your relationships, social life and work life.
What is life balance? What does it mean to you?
Balance is defined as “a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions”. This encourages us to look at the bigger picture or whole system and think holistically about the different interests and life pieces we consider essential.
When new factors come in to our life, it usually takes a while to regain balance or to put systems in place that will help us juggle the various factors. It might be a challenge for many of us to know what to make a priority and how to navigate around the things that are not important.
Life Balance is about...
- Building Systems
- Finding what is important
- Holistic Thinking
It is a strategy, a process, and an ongoing learning experience, and can be considered a choice of attention focus.
Whether it’s balancing out the responsibilities of everyday life or finding a sense of peace by balancing one’s inner self, gemstones are a wonderful way to attain balance.
In Eastern philosophy, it’s important to balance the chakras.
The word chakra means “wheel” in Sanskrit. This is because each of the chakras are connected to the next in what appears to be a vertical line up to the body. They also create loops of energy that surround our body.
Properties and Characteristics of the 7 Major Chakras
Our seven major Chakras are aligned in an ascending column from the base of the spine to the top of the head. Each affects and is affected by many physiological functions.
- Root/Base or Muladhara - Red. It is the most common chakra to be weakened. It deals with physical survival, safety, security, fear and insecurity. Gemstones: Bloodstone, Tiger’s Eye, Hematite, Fire Agate, Black Tourmaline
- Sacral or Svadhisthana - Orange. This is where we awaken our kundalini, a divine feminine energy that lives dormant at the base of the spine. Located in our hips, sacrum, and genitals. It is where we experience the joys of intimacy, creativity, pleasure, our desires and sexuality. Gemstones: Citrine, Carnelian, Moonstone, Coral
- Solar Plexus or Manipura - Yellow. It deals with issues of willpower, ambition and action. Gemstones: Malachite, Calcite, Citrine, Topaz
- Heart or Anahata - Green. It deals with issues of love, compassion and belonging. Gemstones: Rose Quartz, Jade, Green Calcite, Green Tourmaline
- Throat or Vishuddha - Blue. It deals with issues of honesty, integrity, truth, expression and communication. Gemstones: Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, Aquamarine
- Third-eye or Ajna - Indigo. It deals with intuition and our sense of purpose and direction in life. Gemstones: Amethyst, Purple Fluorite, Black Obsidian
- Crown or Sahasrara - Purple. It deals with our connection to the divine within us. Gemstones: Selenite, Clear Quartz, Amethyst, Diamond
When the seven chakras are in balance, life feels good and all is as it should be.
If you seek to re-establish your equilibrium and get your emotions under control, try our Gemstones for Balancing the Chakras to attain alignment.