What does our family mean to us? Is it togetherness or love? The family represents strength and unity as well. However, there are families that make the mean girl club look like a choir in the church. Well, there are simple rules – we need to have similar beliefs, goals, and outlooks we should fit in because if we don’t, we will be labeled worse and strange – the black sheep in our family.
Here are the ten signs which show that we are the black sheep in our family:
- When we were kids, we were probably considered difficult, hardheaded and uncontrollable. Stubbornness was our major characteristic. Authority was not a real thing for us, and we were never doing something because others expected us to do. Our views were like this: “Just because they’re adults doesn’t mean they know best!”
- We have all sometimes felt like we were born in an entirely wrong family. Even when we were teenagers, there was probably some rift between us and other members of our family. Subconsciously, we can even feel that our life experience represents a new karmic lesson. We are dreaming about the day when we could simply leave somewhere, and see our relatives only when it is needed.
- Having the ability to conceive our capacity in order to do entirely unorthodox things right in their own eyes, we leave them, but still wondering how. However, they will often question us where we get our ideas from because such ideas haven’t possibly come from some of them.
- We have all sometimes been warned or threatened not to do stupid things which will embarrass our family. But, we simply don’t care. We know who we are, and we are never going to feel ashamed of our own brilliance.
- We will go against the grain, following quite hard aspirations than those of our family. For example, if our family has a line of quite successful dancers, such as ballet dancers, ballet is going to bore us, and we are most likely going to start practicing something else in an entirely different genre such as architecture or welding. We will literally be different to an entirely new level.
- Although our family is traditionally Christian, we may find ourselves more attracted by spirituality. Being different as much as it is possible, our interests could be Metaphysics, New Age, Atheism, or even the humanist’s path. We will not blindly follow that path as it is simply expected from us.
- As their ways are fixed, our family is never truly going to accept us for our unique weirdness. Regardless of how hard we try, that will not happen. So, we should stop trying and keep going forward.
- We express opinions or say things in ways which will leave our family confused. A lot of members of our family may wonder what the following thing which is going to come out of our mouth is, wishing we would only agree, and then keep moving on, which is definitely not a great possibility.
- Our family looks like it merely tolerates us, which is a relationship that we can describe as cordial at best. Also, they will somewhat include us into their lives, just as it is expected.
- The greatest rebel, the iconoclast to the people that struggle to release themselves from the structure of their family, we are their example and role model. We should never forget this. We should remember that we are the person that has balls to stand up and break away from amoebic and calcified family.
However, the best thing about this would be that we are the best that we could ever be. We have to celebrate this, without ever going cold. We should wake others with our presence.