Mood: Pensive, worried, or racing thoughts.
Time: 5-10 minutes
How to do it:
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
- It’s important not to try to stop your mind from racing, or it may speed up.
- Begin noticing everything about the present moment: What are you feeling? Sensing? Smelling? Tasting? Notice the different sensations without judging them.
- Feel your body from your toes up to your head, again, without judgement.
- If you finish before time is up, simply notice your breathing for the last few minutes.
- Slowly open your eyes and then, from a calmer, more relaxed place, begin to revisit whatever was on your mind.
- Repeat as needed.