Traveling is good for the soul. Science has actually proved it. According to data gathered from the Framingham Heart Study, a landmark study that began in 1948 and spanned over the course of 20 years, women who vacationed only every six years or less were nearly eight times more likely to develop heart disease or have a heart attack compared to women who traveled at least twice a year.
You may be saying, I don’t have time.
But there will be always be excuses. When was the last time you listened to the travel bug in your heart?
It’s why we want to give you ample time to plan and look forward to a trip of a lifetime...to the magnificence of Thailand and Cambodia.
Dive deep into an ancient world of culture! All accommodations are well known, gorgeous and 5 stars. Not only will we be traveling together to see magnificent sites and beaches, but this 13 day journey will include breakout sessions of group meditations or yoga plus eating delicious meals together. You will see a new facet of yourself emerge through journaling, a variety of exercises and truly enriching experiences led by Project Yourself founders Amish and Puja Shah.
I always wanted to go to something like this...but maybe I’ll go another year.
Again, that noise in your head.
The time is now, projector.
Here are 10 reasons you will want to pack your travel bag ASAP…
* Thailand is known as the is the only Southeast Asian country that was never colonized by an European country. In fact, in the Thai language, the name of the country is Prathet Thai which means “land of the free.” Very fitting!
* The forests and jungles of Thailand are magical. Over one hundred years ago, nearly all of northern Thailand was covered in hardwood forest. Today, about a quarter of that forest is left but the government protects their trees from being logged.
* There’s a spiritual peace there with about 35,000 temples in Thailand. Thailand is truly a land of ancient temples.
* Thailand cares for it’s animals. About a tenth of all of the animal species on the planet call Thailand home, and a tenth of all bird species. To put that into perspective, Thailand has more birds than Europe and America combined!
* Nature is bountiful in Thailand. The national flower of Thailand is the orchid. If you love exotic flowers, you’ll love being immersed in the bounty of them!
* A smile can go a long way, and you’ll find more smiles in Thailand than just about anywhere else. In fact, it’s sometimes known as the “land of smiles” because the people of Thailand seem to be always ready with a smile. They are a peace-loving culture, desiring harmony over conflict.
* The food is amazing. Hands down one of the best cuisines in the world!
* Thailand is made up of approximately 1,430 islands. Many of the islands have become famous for being featured in Hollywood movies like the paradise of Ko Phi Phi which we will be going to!
* Elephants oh my! In Thailand and Cambodia, there are thousands of elephants. Over a century ago there were hundreds of thousands!
* Angkor Wat in Cambodia is the largest religious monument ever built. A UNESCO World Heritage site, this massive temple is simply breathtaking. With us, you will get to experience these ruins, set deep in a thick jungle, as a truly transportive experience.
Love heals: and the world needs healing now more than ever.
But how does one tap into the vibration of love - particularly during times of disruption and uncertainty?